Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Interesting Letter

It is a fact that teabags have become the more popular way of brewing tea. This, in my opinion, has taken the "ceremony" out of tea making & the ceremony is what makes tea taste as good as it should.

I received this really interesting letter and thought I would just throw it out there. (with permission........of course).

Here goes......................

"Dear Sir or Madam,

I discovered Dilmah tea whilst on a holiday trip up the West Coast to Springbok. Dilmah loose leaf black tea is available in the supermarkets in most places up there. I enjoyed Dilmah tea so much that I brought some back with me.

I live in Bellville, Cape Town and find that Pick 'n Pay is the only supermarket chain who sells Dilmah tea, but only tea bags. I rarely shop in Pick 'n Pay. I have asked the manager at Checkers, Willowbridge if there is any possibility of their shop carrying a selection of Dilmah teas on their shelves and am waiting for some feed back.

I would like to know why Pick 'n Pay do not stock loose Dilmah tea, which I much prefer - I use a tea pot. I would also like to know if Dilmah tea is sold by any other retail store in the Bellville area.

It is becoming painfully obvious that loose tea is being phased out and I fear that even Five Roses (loose tea which is full of dust and a poor flavour,) will soon be a thing of the past. Woolworths no longer stock loose tea either. Tea bags are a lucrative product. Most people drop a tea bag in a cup of hot water these days, which is wasteful and the incorrect way to make tea.

I would appreciate some help with my enquiries, as my early morning cup of tea is the only way I can start my day! I am in my sixties and hope I can look forward to another twenty years or so of decent tea drinking!

Kind regards,

B L
Cape Town"

Any Comments???????

No comments:

Post a Comment